Poetry Contest Rules
- Poems submitted to the contest must be original work. There is a limit of 3 poems per entrant.
- Contest is open to students in grades 3 – 12 and non-published adult writers (over age 18).
- Deadline for entries is Monday, March 17 at 8:00 PM (for in-person submissions at library locations) and 11:59 PM for online submissions.
- Poems must be submitted with an entry form (signed by parent or guardian if under 18) or online. Submissions will not be returned. The library may reproduce poems on its website but copyright is retained by the author. Please do not submit your only copy of your poem as it will not be returned to you.
- The decision of the judge is final.
- Entrants in the Poetry Contest will be given the opportunity to read their poems at the "Poetry Read-In" to be held at the Massillon Public Library on Tuesday, April 1, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. Winners will be awarded their prizes during the Read-In. Entrants should bring their own copies of their poems if they wish to read them as previously submitted poems will not be available.
- Poems should be submitted to the Main Library Children's and Reference desks, the main desks at the Belloni Branch (Brewster), the Askren Branch (Navarre) and the Bookmobile. Poems may also be submitted online.