Massillon Public Library is proud to partner with United Way to help people file their taxes for free. MyFreeTaxes® is the only free, national, online tax preparation service offered by a nonprofit, because United Way is committed to ensuring that people in our community receive the refunds they deserve.
Key features of the online tool include:
• Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments
• Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time
• Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes
• Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline.
• Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employees easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
Click HERE to access United Way’s My Free Taxes site.
MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com. MyFreeTaxes users can also contact United Way of Greater Stark County for additional resources or to find ways to volunteer to support the community.