Need WiFi on the go? Check out a Mobile Hotspot from your library!
A WiFi hotspot is a portable device you can use to connect your laptop, smartphone, or tablet to the Internet. Internet service is provided on T-Mobile’s 4G network allowing library patrons access to high-speed internet service anywhere a T-Mobile signal can be received. They do not work internationally. Up to 15 devices can be connected, with unlimited data.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BORROW A HOTSPOT?
– You’re thinking about taking a road trip, a vacation, or a business trip?
– You don’t have unlimited data with your phone plan, but need to get on the internet?
– You do not have internet access at home, but need to use the internet when the library is closed.
HOW CAN I BORROW A HOTSPOT?
– WiFi Hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Holds and renewals are not possible at this time.
– Hotspots may be checked out for 7 days. They may not be renewed, but may be checked out again after a day if one is available.
– Hotspots are available at the Circulation Desk of each branch, and must be returned directly to the branch from which you got it. Hotspots may not be returned in the Book Drops.
Fines are $5 per day for each day the device is kept over the 7-day period. Overdue hotspots will have Internet access deactivated within 24 hours beyond their due date. Hotspots that are not returned will result in a replacement fee of $150.
You must be a have a valid Massillon Public Library card in good standing (providing a current address on file and fines not over $25) and be at least 18 years of age to check out a Hotspot. You must present a valid photo ID including current information along with your library card and sign an agreement to return the device.
The Library is not responsible for any liabilities, damage, or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or any loss of data resulting from use of device.
Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.
Internet filtering is NOT provided through the Hotspot. Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the library’s Hotspot.
Your Internet usage is not tracked by the Library or the service provider. The Library does not provide patron information to the service provider. The only data about the Hotspot program that the Library collects is the total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle.
The Hotspot should be kept in a temperature controlled environment. Please do not leave it in your car!
WHY IS THE LIBRARY LENDING THE INTERNET?
Maybe you’ve noticed how much libraries are changing. They’ve become so much more than quiet places to study.
It is often assumed that everybody has access to the Internet, but in fact there is a digital literacy divide that exists across the country, with more than a fourth of homes without high-speed internet service, with a much larger gap in areas such as ours, which is considered low-income.
For more information, contact the library at 330-832-9831, ext. 312.