The Massillon Public Library exists to provide the Massillon community with resources for intellectual and informational pursuits and to provide an open environment which will further those pursuits.
The Massillon Public Library is open to all who request service.
The objectives of the Library are threefold:
– To provide books and other resources for education, information, and recreation, chosen to appeal to a wide range of ages and interests
– To offer the public skilled assistance and guidance in using the resources of the Library to their fullest extent
– To develop services and programs which will open the resources of the Library to as many people as possible
The Library subscribes to:
– the principles outlined in the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read Statement published by the American Library Association
– the principles outlined in the Freedom to View Statement published by the Freedom to View Committee of the American Film and Video Association
– the Ohio Children’s Bill of Rights